Sunday, February 05, 2006

Living a life of 'no-regrets'

I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be fit for myself to know,
I want to be able, as days go by,
Always to look myself straight in the eye;
I don’t want to stand, with the setting sun,
And hate myself for things I have done.
I don’t want to keep on a closet shelf
A lot of secrets about myself,
And fool myself, as I come and go,
Into thinking that nobody else will know
The kind of man I really am;
I don’t want to dress up myself in sham.
I want to go out with my head erect,
I want to deserve all men’s respect;
But here in the struggle for fame and pelf
I want to be able to like myself.
I don’t want to look at myself and know
That I’m bluster and bluff and empty show.
I can never hide myself from me;
I see what others may never see;
I know what other may never know,
I never can fool myself, and so,
Whatever happens, I want to be
Self-respecting and conscience free.


People with not so good habits may have good conscience, but people with good habits definetly have good conscience.. One of the reasons why god gave humans a guilt feeling is so that we can get back on track when we do the wrong things. Its like the correction mechanism in the rockets. When they are off-course, the correction mechanism, puts it back on track. But for us humans, we have the freedom to either listen or not listen to this correction mechanism called 'guilt'. It just doesn't stop there though. We also have the capability to induce this 'guilt' on ourself when we don't have to. We have the capacity to choose to do the right things and ignore the wrong things from that little voice that tries to lead us astray. But when we listen to the right voice and do the right things, we invariably increase our self-esteem and thus can live a self-respecting 'no-regrets' life.

so long!...

-samcam

No comments: